As Lord Voldemort tightens his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds, Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven. Harry suspects perils may even lie within the caslte, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Even as the decisive showdown looms, romance blossoms for Harry, Ron, Hermione and their classmates. Love is in the air, but danger lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.
- Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint - Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson - Hermione Granger
- Michael Gambon - Albus Dumbledore
- Maggie Smith - Minerva McGonagall
- Alan Rickman - Severus Snape
- Jim Broadbent - Horace Slughorn
- Robbie Coltrane - Rubeus Hagrid
- David Bradley - Argus Filch
- David Thewlis - Remus Lupin
- Natalia Tena - Nymphadora Tonks
- Mark Williams - Arthur Weasley
- Julie Walters - Molly Weasley
- James Phelps - Fred Weasley
- Oliver Phelps - George Weasley
- Geraldine Somerville - Lily Potter
- Hero Fiennes-Tiffin - 11-year-old Tom Riddle
- Frank Dillane - 16-year-old Tom Riddle
- Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestrange
- Timothy Spall - Peter Pettigrew
- Helen McCrory - Narcissa Malfoy
- Devon Murray - Seamus Finnigan
- Matthew Lewis - Neville Longbottom
- Bonnie Wright - Ginny Weasley
- Jamie Waylett - Vincent Crabbe
- Josh Herdman - Gregory Goyle
- Tom Felton - Draco Malfoy
- Scarlett Byrne - Pansy Parkinson
- September 24, 2007: Filming began with not all of the actors present.
- November 2007: Ron's actor began appearing in principal photography.
- December 2007: Hermione's actress began appearing in principal photography.
- January 2008: Severus Snape's actor began appearing in principal photography.
- May 17, 2008: Filming ended on this date, and the film was originally set for release in theaters on November 21, 2008.
- August 14, 2008: The film was delayed to July 15, 2009.
|July 29, 2008||Teaser trailer #1|
|November 14, 2008||Teaser trailer #2|
|March 5, 2009||Theatrical trailer #3|
|April 16, 2009||Theatrical trailer #4|
|July 15, 2009||Original theatrical|
|December 8, 2009||DVD/Blu-ray Disc|
|June 14, 2011||Ultimate Edition|
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince premiered on the basic cable network ABC Family and its HDTV counterpart on December 4, 2011. The film was presented in a 720p resolution. It most recently aired there (as Freeform) on March 4–5, 2017.
Home video timelineEdit
- Main article: Home video timeline for the Harry Potter series