On a tiny star somewhere far, far away from earth, there is a very special place known as Dream Land. The Dream Landers are very happy people who use their magical sparkling stars to play and work among the heavens. That is until one night when the gluttonous King Dedede and his rotten band of thieves swooped down from neighboring Mt. Dedede for a midnight snack in Dream Land. Not only did they steal all their food, but they stole the the Dream Landers' treasured Sparkling Stars as well.
Because the Dream Landers didn't have the Sparkling Stars to gather food anymore they began to get very hungry. Suddenly a spry little boy named Kirby happened along and said "Don't worry, I'll get your food and your Sparkling Stars back!". With these words, Kirby set off on his quest toward the dreaded Mt. Dedede. We wish him luck!
- Up: Kirby inflates or walks through doors.
- Down: Kirby swallows an enemy held in his mouth.
- Left: Kirby moves to the left.
- Right: Kirby moves to the right.
- A Button: Kirby jumps.
- B Button: Kirby inhales enemies or spits them out.
- Start Button: Pauses the game.
How to PlayEdit
- The game begins with Kirby having four extra lives.
- Kirby can only have a maximum of six vitality bars.
- If you lose all your lives, the game is over, but you can continue on the same level.
- Pep Brew: Refills Kirby's vitality meter by two.
- Maxim Tomato: Refills the entire vitality meter.
- 1-UP: Kirby gains an extra life.
- Candy: Kirby turns invincible for a short time.
- Spicy Food: Kirby breathes fire for a short time.
- Bronto Burt
- Broom Hatter
- Mr. P. Umpkin
- Poppy Bro. Jr.
- Sir Kibble
- Two Face
- Waddle Dee
- Waddle Doo
All mini-bosses have three units of the vitality meter.
Level 1: Green GreensEdit
A great place to start your journey, this natural setting is full of rolling hills, fleecy clouds, and bushy trees. But don't let the scenery distract you because while the animals may look cute and friendly, they can be very troublesome and dangerous.
- Mini-Boss: Poppy Brother Sr. -- He throws bombs. Simply inhale them and spit them back at him (Get it -- back at him? It's just like the dub's title).
- Boss: Whispy Woods
Level 2: Castle LololoEdit
One step inside this spooky castle and you'll know that something weird is going on! You'll have to be careful here because some of the nasties that float around here can't be beat by inhaling them. The not so famous twins Lololo and Lalala rule this castle of gloom.
- Mini-Boss: Lololo
Level 3: Float IslandsEdit
This may look like an island paradise lined with palm trees, but don't expect to have a relaxing time here! You'll have to watch your step as you island hop here or you could end up falling in to the ocean. Kaboola will have you scrambling to dodge her constant attack of cannon balls.
Level 4: Bubbly CloudsEdit
You won't find a clear path through these soft bilowy clouds! By hiding in the clouds, King Dedede's bullies will find a way to surprise you when you least expect it. The boss Kracko is lightning fast. You'll have to keep moving and keep a clear head in order to beat him!
- Mini-Boss: Kracko Jr.
Level 5: Mt. DededeEdit
King Dedede heard you were coming and he has called for all the stage bosses to return to Mt. Dedede to protect him. This is going to be your toughest battle yet, but if you've come this far, you mustn't give up. Remember, the people of Dream Land are counting on you!
- Boss: King Dedede
Five sparkling stars surround Kirby, and he turns into a giant balloon. It carries away the castle, drops food, and flies along the mountain. Kirby suddenly falls, while the castle is caught by the stars. Food is raining everywhere. Kirby holds up a sign reading "Bye-bye".