Mario must once again rescue the Princess and bring peace to the Mushroom World in this, the highly-anticipated sequel to Super Mario RPG. The unique role-playing gameplay is blended seamlessly with an incredibly distinctive visual style, resulting in a title that offers both challenging adventures, and awesome visuals.
In Other Languages
|August 11, 2000||Original Japanese version|
|February 5, 2001||U.S. version|
|October 5, 2001||PAL version|
|July 10, 2007||Wii Shop Channel (Japan)|
|July 13, 2007||Wii Shop Channel (Europe)|
|July 16, 2007||Wii Shop Channel (USA)|
- In the original Japanese version, the gossip-loving Toad's message on the newsboard reads: "Princess Peach may seem quiet, but I heard she has a crush (five hearts) on Mario (four stars). Whenever she's kidnapped (three Xs) by Bowser, I bet she wants Mario (three circles) to rescue (four hearts) her." But in the U.S. version, it reads: "I heard from this friend of mine whose sister heard Peach likes (five hearts, four stars). Anyway, my cousin (three Xs) said that (three circles) told her (two hearts) said it's true. You think it is?"
- The gold Li'l-Oinks drop Jelly Shrooms in the original Japanese version, while in the U.S. version, they drop Ultra Shrooms.
These facts were posted to TMK on July 10, 2011.
- http://www.nintendo.com/n64/marioadventure (1999–May 2000)
- http://www.nintendo.com/n64/papermario (May 2000–2001)
- http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nmqj (2000-present)
- http://www.papermario.com (2000-2001)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/gamepage_main.jsp?gameId=33 (2001-2003)
- http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m-Game-0000-33 (2003-2007)
- http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=oWnd6EMCVBbdy9b-5rIkJfC64EEGPQTb (July–October 2007)
- http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole/games/detail/oWnd6EMCVBbdy9b-5rIkJfC64EEGPQTb (2007-2010)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/oWnd6EMCVBbdy9b-5rIkJfC64EEGPQTb (2010-present)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Cp0Zk3X-IJ7niDVo55clolPW_UKzocJc (2015-present)