We click our heels in anticipation. There's no place like home and no movie like this one. From generation to generation, The Wizard Of Oz brings us together - kids, grown-ups, families, friends. The dazzling land of Oz, a dream-come-true world of enchanted forests, dancing scarecrows and singing lions, wraps us in its magic with one great song-filled adventure after another.
Based on L. Frank Baum's treasured book series, The Wizard Of Oz was judged the best family film of all time by American Film Institute. And this never-before-seen restoration looks and sounds better than ever. We invite you to embark for the Emerald City on the most famous road in movie history. Dorothy (Judy Garland), Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), Tin Woodman (Jack Haley) and Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) await you on the Yellow Brick Road and "Over the Rainbow."
|1||Warner Home Video warning screen|
|2||Trailer for Shiloh 2|
|3||Trailer for Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost|
|4||Trailer for Jack Frost (1998)|
|5||Trailer for The Iron Giant|
|6||Trailer for Wakko's Wish|
|7||Commercial for the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Edition|
|8||"Stay Tuned After the Feature"|
|9||Warner Home Video logo|
|10||Turner Entertainment logo|
|11||The Wizard of Oz (restored version)|
- Behind-the-Scenes Documentary The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: The Making of a Movie Classic
- Theatrical Trailers
- Outtake Musical Numbers
- Newsreel Excerpts
- Cast Interviews
- Shooting Script
- Extensive Audio Program of Original Recording Session Material and Radio Broadcasts
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
There was also a Deluxe Edition Gift Set, but it was discontinued in 2002.
DVD Title Index
|1||The Wizard of Oz (restored version)|
|2||Warner Home Video logo|
|4||The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: The Making of a Movie Classic|
|5||1939 "What is Oz?" Teaser|
|6||1949 Reissue Trailer|
|7||1949 "Grown-Up" Reissue Trailer|
|8||1970 Children's Matinee Reissue Trailer|
|9||1998 Warner Bros. Theatrical Reissue Trailer|
|10||If I Only Had a Brain - Deleted "Scarecrow" Dance|
|11||If I Only Had a Heart - Buddy Ebsen Audio Track|
|12||Triumphant Return to Emerald City|
|13||Over the Rainbow (reprise)|
|15||Harold Arlen Home Movies|
|16||Excerpt From Texas Contest Winners "Trailer"|
|17||Excerpt From Romance of Celluloid Short|
|18||1979 Interviews With Margaret Hamilton, Ray Bolger & Jack Haley|
|19||Excerpt From 1939 Cavalcade of Academy Awards|
|20||Off to See the Wizard: "The Cowardly Lion Needs a Light"|
|21||Off to See the Wizard: "The Tin Man Creaks"|
|22||Off to See the Wizard: "The Scarecrow Sneezes"|
|23||Off to See the Wizard: "Toto Gets a Bone"|
|24||Off to See the Wizard: "Wizard Gets a Sign"|
|25||Off to See the Wizard: "Wizard Gets a Crystal Ball"|
|26||Off to See the Wizard: "Gypsy Shows Wizard Cards"|
|27||Off to See the Wizard: "Wizard Walks Through Door"|
|28||Excerpt from 1914 Silent Oz Film|
|29||Excerpt from 1925 Silent Oz Feature|
|30||Excerpt from Ted Eshbaugh's 1933 Oz Cartoon|
|31||Special Effects Sequences: It's a Twister! It's a Twister!|
|32||Special Effects Sequences: Tornado Across Prairie|
|33||Special Effects Sequences: Funnel Advancing Toward Camera|
|34||Special Effects Sequences: Kansas Farmhouse Falls|
|35||Special Effects Sequences: View Through Dorothy's Window|
|36||Special Effects Sequences: Oz Funnel in Repose|
|37||Behind the Scenes: Sketches and Storyboards|
|38||Behind the Scenes: Costume and Make-Up Tests|
|39||Behind the Scenes: Portrait Gallery|
|40||Behind the Scenes: Special Effects Stills|
|41||Behind the Scenes: Post-Production Stills|
|42||Oz Afterlife: Original Publicity|
|43||Oz Afterlife: New York Premiere|
|44||Oz Afterlife: Hollywood Premiere|
|45||Oz Afterlife: 1939/40 Oscar Ceremonies|
|46||Oz Afterlife: Oz Abroard|
- MGM Radio Show: Good News of 1939
- MGM Promotional Radio Trailer: Leo is on the Air!
- "Over the Rainbow" - Various Takes
- "Munchkinland" - Rehearsal Recordings With Harold Arlen & E.Y Harburg, and Piano Temp Track
- "Munchkinland" - Sequence Recordings
- "Munchkinland" - Voice Tests & Rehearsal Tracks
- "If I Only Had a Brain" - Various Takes
- "We're Off to See the Wizard" - Various Takes
- "If I Only Had a Heart" - Buddy Ebsen & Jack Haley Versions
- "If I Only Had the Nerve/We're Off to See the Wizard" - Various Takes
- "Emerald City/The Merry Old Land of Oz"
- "If I Were King of the Forest" - Various Takes
- "The Jitterbug" - Various Takes & Rehearsal Recording
- "Deleted Finale Material" - "Over the Rainbow" (Reprise) & "Triumphant Return to Emerald City"
- "Underscoring," Pt. 1 - Kansas Sequences
- "Underscoring," Pt. 2 - Munchkinland Sequence
- "Underscoring," Pt. 3 - Dorothy Meets the Scarecrow, Tin Man, & the Cowardly Lion
- "Underscoring," Pt. 4 - Emerald City Sequence
- "Underscoring," Pt. 5 - The Witch's Castle
- "Underscoring," Pt. 6 - Finale
DVD Chapter Index
- Main Title
- Dorothy's Dilemma
- "Over the Rainbow"
- Miss Gulch
- Toto Escapes
- Dorothy Runs Away
- "It's a Twister!"
- Inside the Cyclone
- Not in Kansas Anymore
- "Come Out, Come Out"
- "It Really Was No Miracle"
- "Ding! Dong! The Witch Is Dead!"
- "The Lullaby League"
- "The Lollipop Guild"
- "Who Killed My Sister?"
- "What a Smell of Sulfur!"
- "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"
- "You're Off to See the Wizard"
- Dorothy Meets the Scarecrow
- "If I Only Had a Brain"
- "We're Off to See the Wizard"
- "A Man Made Out of Tin!"
- "If I Only Had a Heart"
- "Wanna Play Ball?"
- "To Oz? To Oz!"
- "Lions and Tigers and BearsOh, My!"
- Meeting the Cowardly Lion
- "If I Only Had the Nerve"
- "We're Off to See the Wizard"
- "Poppies Will Put Them to Sleep!"
- "Optimistic Voices"
- The Emerald City
- "The Merry Old Land of Oz"
- Surrender, Dorothy!
- "If I Were King of the Forest"
- Meeting the Wizard of Oz
- The Haunted Forest
- Attack of the Winged Monkeys
- Dorothy in Captivity
- Toto's Escape
- March of the Winkies
- The Rescue
- "Seize Them!"
- "I'm Melting!"
- "The Wicked Witch Is Dead!"
- The Wizard Revealed
- Heroic Rewards
- The Wizard's Balloon
- Glinda Returns
- Dorothy's Farewell
- "There's No Place Like Home!"
- Cast List
In Other Countries
July 14, 2000
|Disc format||Single Side, Dual Layer|
|Region code||2 (NTSC)|
Europe (UK, France, etc.) and Australia
|Disc format||Single Side, Dual Layer|
|Region code||2, 4 (PAL)|
Other than the subtitled languages, there are no changes to the DVD, and there are also subtitles in Chinese, Thai and Korean for the behind-the-scenes documentary The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: The Making of a Movie Classic. All other special features, however, are only presented in English, as so are all the DVD menus.
This was the first DVD edition of the film in Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
|Disc format||Single Side, Single Layer|
|Region code||4 (NTSC)|
- VHS (Amazon.com)
- DVD (Amazon.com)
- VHS; Gift set (Amazon.com)
- DVD; Gift set (Amazon.com)
- VHS; Spanish language edition (Amazon.com)
|The Wizard of Oz|
|Home video releases||VHS (1985) • VHS (1989) • VHS/Laserdisc (1991-1995) • VHS/DVD (1996/1997) • VHS/DVD (1999) • Special Edition DVD (2005) • Blu-ray/DVD (2009) • Blu-ray 3D (2013)|
|Albums||The Wizard of Oz: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|